A delicios creamy-fruity-berry treat.
Ingredients for the dough
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- ½ Teelöfel Salt
- 4-6 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- Let butter and egg heat up to room temperature. Put the flour on the working surface and press a hole in the center. Place butter in pieces in the hollow and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the egg and some tablespoons of water. Gradually put the flour into the egg-butter-mix and add the remaining water. Prepare the dough quickly to create a smooth dough. If it is too tight or cracked, add some water. Then leave the dough in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 225 °.
- Roll out the dough thinly. Dress a tart or fruit cake form with it, pierce the dough on the floor several times with the fork and bake for about 20 minutes on the middle rail with 180 degrees.
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 cup milk (220g)
- 1/2 half of a vanilla bean (used the entire bean)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur (or whatever liqueur would compliment the fruit in the tart)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fresh berries (I don’t weigh my fruit, I just used what it takes to cover the tart generously)
- 1 9- inch /23 cm cookie crust , baked
- Put the milk in a saucepan; split the vanilla bean, scraping the seeds into the milk, and add bean into the pot
- Heat to a simmer, remove from heat, cover, and set to infuse 10-20 minutes
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until pale; beat in the flour
- Pull the vanilla bean from the milk and whisk the milk gradually into the egg mixture; pour back into the saucepan
- Bring to a boil, and cook one minute; remove from the heat and stir in the liqueur, if using
- Strain into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; set aside to cool (this is Crème Pâtissière)
- When chilled, whip the cream and gently fold it in (this is now Crème Mousseline)
- Spread the cream evenly in the base of the tart and arrange the berries neatly over top